When it comes to Probating an Estate, Massachusetts has adopted the Uniform Probate Code which includes multiple documents to be completed for opening, administering, and closing an Estate.  The documents you use will depend on how you probate your loved one’s estate.  How you probate that estate, Informal versus Formal, will depend on what documents you have from the deceased family member.  The Executor is now called a Personal Representative.  You may or may not need to publish in a newspaper.  You may or may not have to pay creditors.  Should you file an account?  Can you sell property? Which Closing documents are applicable?  Confused?  Add that confusion to the stress of losing an important person in your life and managing your grief.  Hiring a lawyer to handle the paperwork and assist with procuring the correct appointment, facilitating the administration, and tying up the loose ends provides you peace of mind.  It allows you to focus on what’s important while the attorney manages the paperwork.

My office offers many options in probating and administering estates.  Contact me to discuss how I can help ease the burden of the legalities while allowing you to concentrate on the important matters.